EASILY EARN EXTRA MONEY AND PRIZES


Saturday, March 24, 2012

Broken But Not Dead Exercising Injured Can Be Done

HEADED TO A RACE IN RIVER RIDGE!
Wish me luck first race this year!
 One in the morning too! Oak alley early!
 Hope to see ya there!
========
Parts of this was written from my phone then updated after the race at home.


Well it's going on midnight and I wanted to hurry and update a little, before heading off to bed.
 I walked my first 5K today it's the first one of the year for me.
I was happy to finish, never know with my back how it will go.

My fiance did great he came in #49 he ran a little faster then he did last year.  And I came in 231 it took me 52 minutes to walk it.
I ended up walking the last 1/2 with a guy named Mike.  I had to stop and stretch my back after walking up the levee at the 1/2 way mark, and that's when we meet. 
  Anytime I walk up hill or up stairs I have a major problem.  It kills my back, so when I stopped on the side a couple people stopped to check on me and Mike was one of them.  
He also has a back injury so it was nice having someone to talk to that understands.  We bonded over back injuries and the fact his son was also a musician who played a lot of the same places I did.  Sadly his son was murdered about 6 months after Hurricane Katrina.

Now I have to get some sleep, because we are also walking at Oak Alley in the morning.  If you happen to be there look for me and say hi! I'll be the one yawning, half asleep & wearing a blue Oshner race shirt.  

I wish all these races weren't in the morning, it's so hard for night people.  It's about to be 3AM and I am still awake.  I am tired just not sleepy, and if I take sleeping medicine I'll be feeling like I am in a induced coma, when I do wake up.  I HATE that feeling it gives me.

Anyway... I'll start working on the drug store post either Sunday night or Monday morning.

Have a great Sunday!





No comments:

Post a Comment