EASILY EARN EXTRA MONEY AND PRIZES


Thursday, September 1, 2011

I'M TOO PRETTY TO DO HOMEWORK SO MY LITTLE BROTHER DOES IT

I  found the following article on Yahoo, EPIC T-SHIRTS FAIL The post was about offensive t-shirts and how demeaning and degrading to girls they are. And a bunch of angry parents got some of them pulled. 

"Besides demeaning to the girls I think it's also pushing the Bully boundary too."

 These t-shirts are aimed for young girls between the ages of 7 and 16.  This got me to thinking and I thought I'd bring it to others attention, because I know a lot of mothers visit my site and I'd just like to know where others stand on this subject.   

My feeling on the subject is: I think they are funny, but for the right age.  I'd say between the ages of 17-25.  You know like a conversation starter type thing. Something to wear to the sports bar, to get the opposite sex to notice you or to just make people laugh and talk.  Ages that know how to take it, at a joke.  

The problem I think is that little girls aren't mature enough to know this is a joke, they are just learning and coming to the age where they want to be excepted by their class-mates and friends.  I think most of them may take this literally.  Not all girls, but  the majority and of course yes, us parents are suppose to teach them better, I know that.  But I always think about the poor little kids that has the parents who don't teach their kids, the ones who are too busy doing their own thing.   The little kids that are being raised by TV.  

Life is hard enough already so we don't need to be teaching our girls that they are dumb and useless unless they are pretty.  I am all about girls learning and discovering as much as they can and doing and being whatever they want to be." we WHAT DO YOU THINK? IS IT JUST A SHIRT? SHOULD WE ALL JUST SHUT UP AND MIND OUR OWN BUSINESS?  COME ON GIVE US YOUR OPINION PLEASE.  

Epic T-shirt fail: 

"I'm too pretty to do my homework so my brother has to do it for me"

But many parents think this one is worse.

 A few months ago, the Internet was up in arms over a white David & Goliath T-Shirt that read, in pink bubble letters, "I'm too pretty to do math." 

 

"TO ME THIS IS THE WORSE ONE, But then again, would a little kid even know what it means? "

Then there was the one with "Future Trophy Wife" written on it.
 
The long-sleeve T-shirt that J.C. Penney pulled off its website today amid plenty of parental outrage read: "I'm too pretty to do my homework so my brother has to do it for me." And, judging by the description of the shirt on the J.C. Penney website—"Who has time for homework when there’s a new Justin Bieber album out? She’ll love this tee that’s just as cute and sassy as she is"—it seems like the company didn't have a problem with the shirt until customers started to complain.

Thanks, major clothing retailers. We struggle to teach our girls that beauty isn't everything, that they don't have to play dumb in order to be popular, that women can be both smart and pretty.  But, even though studies show that girls are as good at math as boys, even with beautiful movie stars earning Ivy League degrees in between blockbuster hits, the stereotypes persist—thanks in large part to messages like the one on that "cute and sassy" T-shirt marketed to girls age 7 to 16.





Shop over 10,000 Costumes & Accessories from HalloweenMart


No comments:

Post a Comment